Some may think that going back to college is a brave thing. Some may think that it's a smart thing.
I think it's the best way to find new interesting things to think about.
Here's what I've learned in the last week and a half:
1) I have a new role model. However, he doesn't know that I view him this way. His name is Buddy and he's in three of my classes. He sits in his desk and smiles and calls out answers. You can tell that he's so happy to be there. Even more than that, he's proud to be there.
He's 72 years old.
I think I may even have a little crush on him.
2) I never realized how Southern some people sound. In my World History I class, a woman answered a question with the word, "pharaoh." However, to the human ear, they way she pronounced it sounded like it should have been spelled, "FAY-row." Unintentional hilarity in small places.
3) I am a loser to some people. I had a girl I graduated with profess her shock and dismay that I'm not a mother, not married, not engaged...I don't even have a boyfriend!
"Amber, what are you doing with your life?"
*jaw drops*
"Um, living it. I'm 23. I shouldn't be married with kids yet."
4) I suck at writing. And, apparently, there are steps and no-nos that I disregard with reckless abandon. Oh well. I enjoy it!
5) Next semester, I WILL schedule my classes with a lunch break. I keep forgetting to eat, due to time restraints, and I wind up eating my first bite of food at 7 PM. Not good for the body. However, VERY good for the waistline.
YAY Anorexia!
That's my life lessons for the day. I'm going to class to do some extra math work.
May I just point out that, although I've always been bad at math and it's one of the hardest subjects for me, I've found three typos and mistakes in the book and with the math software we use. English is my math.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Too much! You are TOO MUCH! LoL I'm a loser, too...22, no kids, not married yet, not finished with school, I don't even have my own place!
I am so glad you are doing the math, and not me. College Algebra kicked my ass.
If you are a loser, I'm a loser too. I'm 35, and I do have a kid, but I don't have boyfriend or a job, and I'm still in school. Oh well, shit happens.
Hey, I think it's great to see that you're going back to school. Good for you!
Although I'm bummed to hear that you "don't have a boyfriend." I didn't know you & Beemster broke up. Sorry to hear that.
@ rebecca:
Sweetie, we're starting a club. The "We are fabulous and we have no responsibility" club.
@ TinA:
You can join our club too. We'll pretend that the kid is just a short member.
@ j.r.:
We broke up on our anniversary....I mean, our "we met a year ago" day. We didn't couldn't have an anniversary because we weren't married. Apparently, only married people have anniversaries.
Wow... I have been gone and MIA for a while... I love old men...
Good for you girl... and omg you are still young... IF you want to have a hubby and kids and all- you have plenty of time...
Love you... miss you!
Post a Comment