"It's like you're this beautiful, expensive Italian suit. And I just don't have the faintest idea where I'm gonna wear you. " -Carolina, Julia Stiles
He was a brilliant man who wore $80 ties.
He had traveled the world, was well read, used (too many) "big words" when he talked and he always remembered names.
He was the man that I thought would be my last.
He was perfect to me.
At least from far away.
I've always fallen for older men. Men who have their lives figured out and know how to do their own laundry. So, really it was no surprise that I fell for him. He had it all figured out.
Yet, somehow, in hindsight, I was never comfortable with it. I couldn't believe that someone would spend $80 on a tie when they could spend $20 on one at a department store. I never understood why someone would wear a dress shirt that cost $150. Not to mention the wine...Lord knows I tried! And, to be fair, I even learned to like a few different kinds.
But, as far as learning the different notes and all that bul...JAZZ.....never made it that far.
He was this beautiful Italian suit that should have fit in every way, but he didn't. Plus, he didn't fit in my closet (which, in this case, would be my life). No matter how much I wanted to wear him, I couldn't.
I'm Wal-Mart, department stores, and solid colors.
He's Target, designer, and leopard print.
We didn't match, but that's okay.
Someone out there will...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh wow... I like that.. Is it a movie? I miss you Girl.. Love you
Yeah, it's a movie. I think it was an independant movie, but it came on WE yesterday.
Post a Comment