Saturday, April 25, 2009

You Have GOT To Be Kidding Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 20 year old little sister has a boyfriend and I do not.


I'm sure you're wondering why this is upsetting to me. Let me explain...she's 18 weeks pregnant. So, now, you're thinking, "But that's a good thing! Her baby daddy is standing by her!"


Negative. Her baby daddy beat her and she had to move in with my mom to keep him away from her.


Her new boyfriend is actually her ex boyfriend, the one before the baby daddy. He's a great guy who's responsible, mature, and has custody of his 4 year old daughter. He wants to marry her and raise the child as his own. I'm happy for her. No, really, I am.


However, on what planet does it make sense for her to find a boyfriend? I can't even get a guy to buy me a freakin' steak dinner and she's getting proposed to!


My mother's take on this was to say, "It must not be in God's plan for you to have a boyfriend right now."


Okay.


I understand her view (Mom is ALL about God's plan). However, does God really have to drop-kick me in the forehead while sentencing me to singledom?


On a more fun note, I took the preggo sister out to a field of daises yesterday and took some pics. Have a look:

2 comments:

Tina Lindsey said...

I'm noticing a pattern of you and pregnant women.

J.R. LeMar said...

Pictures look great!

And I know exactly what you mean. On paper, as the saying goes, it doesn't make sense. I'm sure if I were to say to any random guy "Hey, there's these two cute young single sister that are available. One's totally free, the other one just got pregnany by her abusive ex-boyfriend. Which one do you want me to fix you up with?" I think we know how 99.9999% of them would answer. But real life is funny sometimes.