It all started with a decision that I'm wonderful. Of course, the road to said decision was filled with potholes of insecurity and low self-esteem. Yay.
I decided that it was time to start dating again. I went on one date (to a wedding) that turned out to be fantastic, so, being the greedy little brat that I am, I decided that I wanted more. MUCH more.
The ball was rolling. One male friend that I call my "make-out buddy" gave me my first kiss since the ex. He also asked me out. An old high school acquaintance found me on Facebook, and between discussions on God and the church (we're both Christians), asked me out. An old....*cough, cough* "buddy" also found me on Facebook (and I thought he wouldn't even remember my name!) and just so happened to have moved to a town about 30 minutes from me! And a band director at a school that my friend teaches at caught my eye...we set up a double date with said friend and her husband.
THE LINEUP:
THURSDAY:
Date #1 with guy #1 (from now on, let's call him "The Jock").
Old high school acquaintance.
Place? Movies and dinner.
Rating? 8 out of 10.
The movie was great (I recommend it if you're married, getting married, or even dating: FIREPROOF). Dinner was fun. We even went to the public lake and tried to walk around it, but it was too cold.
Pros? He's a great guy. Christian. Funny, at times.
Cons? He doesn't understand my humor. Uses bad grammer in his text messages (yes, I've recently become picky). More cons to follow.
FRIDAY:
Date #1 with guy #2 (code name, "The Reader").
Friend since high school. Also a GREAT make-out partner.
Place? My house for dinner and a DVD.
Rating? 9 out of 10.
I made dinner (Homestyle Bake in a Box...you should try it). We ate, hung out, had a few akward moments (okay, I had a few akward moments). Watched X-MEN 2. And Jeff Dunham's MOMENT OF INSANITY. And made out. Did I mention he's a great kisser? Super soft lips.
*sigh*
Pros? He's delicious, sweet, funny, kind, reads as much as I do, dreams of a giant library in a house in the woods that has the Holy Grail...the rolling library ladder, and is super hot.
Cons? He's always been a friend. I don't want to lose that.
SATURDAY:
Date #2 with guy #1 (The Jock).
Place? Halloween party with friends. I went as Puss in Boots (insert joke here....and, yes, I have pics). He went as a giant whoopie cushion. Sadly, the costume did not have a fart machine.
Rating? 2 of 10.
The party started out simple and grew into a fine example of why people should never drink that much. I stuck to Dr Pepper all night (I've recently decided not to drink anymore). My date sat in the recliner until the Alabama vs Tennesse game concluded (ROLL TIDE!). My best guy friend drank himself stupid. Punched a hole in the wall. I, being the quiet little church mouse I am, got in his face and cussed him out. My date? Yelled at me to "Shut up and stay out of it".
End date.
Pros? Well.....
Cons? He yelled at me, told me to shut up, and also thought he could order me around after one date.
Result? No more dates.
SUNDAY:
Date #1 with Guy #3 (We'll call him "The Hiker").
We knew each other from my Auburn days. I was 18, he was 22. We spent about three weeks "hanging out" and then lost touch.
Place? My house. Home cooked meal (homemade chicken pot pie and home made mashed taters and gravy) and a movie.
Dinner was nice. Thank God I learned to cook! He was more excited about the meal at first. Apparently, he never learned to cook and lives off of salads and fast food. The movie went basically unwatched as we remembered what attracted us to one another.....chemistry. We still have it by the bucket loads. But we didn't cross the line.
Pros? He's tall (6'5", just how I like 'em), pretty, sweet, funny, and interesting.
Cons? He's busy with work and there's the face that he saw me naked at 18....and about 20-30 pounds ago.
Result? We'll see each other again...and soon.
MONDAY:
Date #1 with guy #5 (name: Music Man)
Band director at a local school, beautiful mocha skin and greenish brown eyes.
Place? Olive Garden with friends and their 4 year old.
Dinner was nice. Good food, good company, and a 4 year old to prevent those akward silences.
Pros? He's beautiful. Seriously beautiful. And funny, kind, and not afraid to make jokes.
Cons? He's short. I don't really know much more.
Result? Still unclear.
So, there you have it. My foray into the dating world.
The front runners would have to be The Reader and The Hiker. The rest are icing on the cake.
Now, a nap. I'm exhausted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I vote for THE READER. I think the fact that you've been friends this whole time is a PLUS, not a minus. That's the best basis for a successful relationship.
Yes, it is possible that the relationship won't work out, and therefor the current friendship could be over, but I think that's a risk that you should take. You can always find new friends, but love is hard to find.
Post a Comment